This is the e-mail I sent out last night to family members:
Dear Family Members,
I wanted to compose a quick e-mail for those curious/concerned about the coming weather. Yes, we have been closely watching Hurricane Ike. These storms are so unpredictable. They tend to have a mind of there own, so we have to keep watching and preparing. We have been asked not to leave our homes unless in a mandatory or voluntary evac area. We do not apply to either. We will be riding this one out at home. It appears that the landfall will be right over Freeport/Surfside (our favorite beach and I hope it is still intact after this event). This is about 50 miles southeast of our home. We live 20 miles southwest of Houston. For anyone watching CNN, they might show Sugar Land- that is our area. By the way, don't believe everything you see on CNN. They are awful about telling it like it REALLY is. The last storm they said we were flooding and I think we saw 1/4" of rain if that. Today is choas around the town but freeways are clear and businesses are normal. Tomorrow the schools are closed and most businesses are finished for the week. The tension is definately real but much calmer than last time. Cayden is very concerned and keeps asking to see the hurricane pictures on the T.V. and computer. He is more in tune with people's emotions than the average child. I'm sure he's sensing the tension without understanding what is really happening. There is still time for the storm to move past Houston like last time. We need the rain so I hope we get at least a little moisture. We'll keep you updated as long as we have power.
Love,
Kahna
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
CNN is ridiculous! "Fleeing for their lives." Come on...
I am so glad you started a blog! It makes it so easy to keep in touch...yea!!!
Post a Comment